Train Mountain Triennial 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Mountain Triennial 2015

Some of the reports I've heard from Oregon indicate that record turnouts for the 2015 Triennial are expected. With over 350 visiting trains already registered, the total train length is estimated to be over 2 miles...and there's still a month to go! I'll definitely need to take several memory cards for the camera!

LSOR will be there as a vendor. If you're attending, I hope you'll stop by and say hello!

Neil

The turnout for the Triennial was a record! Now would be the time to make your plans to attend the next one in 2018. There are plenty of upgrades being planned over the next few years.

One note of interest to those running steam locomotives: there have been restrictions place on the burning of solid fuels, i.e. wood, coal, etc. Those locos will not be allowed on the major part of the line, as I understand, due to fire concerns. If you're running steam, please check with the TM people to get the latest report on the restrictions.

The November-December issue (to mail next week) will carry the article on the 2015 Triennial so you can see what fun the attendees had this year. Check it out!

Neil

Comment

Working...
    X